SIP trunk provider in South Africa
Under certain circumstances, international IP routing out of South Africa may be indirect: US sites are reachable via Brazil, and sending SIP calls to many locations in Europe and APAC is problematic. DID Logic solves these issues by maintaining SIP proxies in Johannesburg. Your organization can now route VoIP calls locally with very low latency. We also take care of the international voice transit - no public Internet is involved. You no longer have to deal with those 300 ms and above ping times.
- Local DID numbers in South Africa are available with the SIP trunk. You can instantly provision South African local geographical and NGN DID numbers via your control panel. Your organization can send SIP calls to South African fixed and mobile networks with valid local CLI.
- WACS (West Africa Cable System) connects South Africa to the United Kingdom. This submarine cable offers direct connectivity to London IP exchanges. Vodacom, Telkom, Neotel and MTN have all invested in WACS wavelengths. DID Logic can carry your voice via the "express lane" fiber from South Africa directly to UK networks.
- EAST: Johannesburg is connected over land to the Mtunzini location with access to SEACOM and EASSY cables. Uganda, Kenya, India, Saudi Arabia and Egypt networks are available. WEST: The Cape Town network exchanges have access to WACS, SAT-2 and SAT-3 landing points in Melkbosstrand and Yzerfontein, connecting South Africa to the United States (via Brazil), Europe (Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and France), Nigeria, Angola, Panama and Colombia. DID Logic can carry your voice in both directions, EAST and WEST.
Servers are in Johannesburg - low latency and local media routing
DID Logic offers access to SIP proxy in Johannesburg. Your VoIP traffic no longer has to loop via Frankfurt or London - as it is the case with majority of VoIP providers. This typically results in 200-300 ms latency, often making VoIP unusable. Register your SIP endpoints to our South African servers and enjoy extremely short routing and high-quality connection. Termination and origination in South Africa - all local, with no loops involved.
- Unlimited channels. Send 10, 100 or 10000 channels at no extra charge.
- G711 u/a, G722 HD, GSM and G729 codecs supported.
- Very competitive pricing to other African destinations anywhere on the contient.
- Rates for South African mobile networks start at $0.0582/min with CLI.
- Premium SIP termination only - no grey routes, no economy routes.
- Mobile traffic sent directly to MTN and Cellcom.
International fiber access in South Africa
South Africa is a very important and exciting market to work in. The feedback we are getting from customers regarding our local deployments is overwhelmingly positive. DID Logic does not impose restrictive minimums and residential VoIP users are welcome to sign up and access the same premium connection our business customers in South Africa are already enjoying. Currently, the SIP (IP) component of the voice routing is serviced via the links to MTN in Sandton and Vodacom in Midrand, however, several expansions options are being considered.
The development we are all closely watching at DID Logic is the planned BRICS Cable - an initiative to connect BRICS countries. The 34,000 km cable will link Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil – the BRICS economies – to the United States. The real benefit to business VoIP users in South Africa will be the direct Singapore connectivity, resulting in better routing to Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. Since DID Logic already maintains a PoP in Singapore, we are fully prepared for this opportunity.